May 10, 2011

Katie's Journal Pages


Hi friends!  I just need to babble on about what a stellar Mother's Day I had on Sunday!  In the morning, we hosted Lovin' Man's mother, sister and nieces at our house, while Lovin' Man made the most delicious brunch for us!!!  It was so yummy, and I ate a lot of it.  :-)  I guess I knew I would need to keep my strength up for the day!  While they visited us, our niece, Katie was hanging out with me at the dining room table.  I pulled out my journal and asked her to doodle something in it for me.  She did...a lovely little doodle!  This  led to showing her the rest of my journal...all of the colored pages...and I showed her how I just put things in there that I love, magazine clippings, quotes, photos, ticket stubs, etc.  When it was time to go, she whispered to me that she would love to start one of her own journals and make it "nice and fat" like mine.  Of course, I said yes!!!  Well, later that day, we heard from them again, and apparantly Katie couldn't stifle the creativity bubbling inside her...and got to work on her own journal!!!!  And these are the pages she's done so far!!!  Aren't they great?!  I'm so excited for her!!  Above is a photo from a mag that she liked.  Below, there are actual gems from her dance costume on the artwork!


And more pages.....




Katie, you did such a good job on all of your pages!  Keep up the great work!  Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!!!

P.S.  This is leading me to believe that we might be hosting an Art Journaling workshop for girls this fall.  Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

KUDO Katie!!!!!!! LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the jounal--but you so knew I would--and how cool would a GIRLS Journal workshop be??????? LOVE it!

Sunny Carvalho said...

Your post made me tear up! To witness the birth of creativity and possibly something that will evolve and be her companion through her life is miraculous! Yahoo for Katie!!

Sophie said...

Katie did wonderfully with her journal pages!
A few years ago, I did some art journaling with a few young ladies and they loved it. It was a wonderful experience for me as well.
Sophie

Simply Smith said...

This is SO precious! :D

CHELSEA ST PIERRE said...

Well done Katie!!!!!!!!!!!great start to a creative life, what a beautiful outlet!!!!!!

Parabolic Muse said...

Okay, WOW. This is so yummy and cool. WHAT a great practice to share and to pass along and to inspire!

rockin. Kudos to you.