August 06, 2013

Derby Fun

 
Wow, what a weekend!  Saturday morning, Lovin Man got up and competed in the Squaw Creek Army Challenge.  He did great!  I'm so proud of him!  And in the afternoon, my team and I traveled to Leaf River, IL to play the River Demons on their home turf.  It was amazing!  We came back from a 40 point deficit, to win!  Very cool, very exciting to get our act together, figure out what needs to be done, and get it done!

 
There's something special about these ladies. 
 
 
 
Derby has brought out a part of me that I love.  I'm constantly challenging myself, pushing myself, and trying new things.  It's not just a challenge physically....it's a challenge mentally and emotionally.  You are really putting yourself out there when you play.  And that takes guts.  And bravery. And moxie.  These ladies have got that, and then some.  I'm blessed to have some of it rub off on me!  Lovin Man and I have both come a long way in the past year on our path to over all wellness and fitness.  We are doing things we never would have dreamed of last year.
 
 
And that's just plain fun.  :)

No comments: