October 02, 2013

True Heroes Journal Page

 
I swear, I haven't been shirking on my responsibilities!  These are pages I got done early last month, and I'm finally getting around to sharing them!  HA!  This page in my journal started out with some spray ink through a stencil, layered with bits of paper, and lots of acrylics.  The flower developed next, using papers and paint, and a bit of charcoal pencil which I am currently addicted to.  I've found it a quick easy way to add definition to my art, and give it a casual, smudgy look. 

 
 
The quote came later, after looking through my notebook of inspiring words/quotes.  I love the idea of dissecting my pages too...."chopping" it up and focusing on different parts of the page individually.  This will be fun to reprint and use on other pieces.

 

No comments: