September 19, 2013

Look out! I'm using up my supplies!

I am on one of those tangents again....that is, trying to use up supplies that I've had lying around forever.  Just grabbing things that are in my way, and using them up....painting them up, slapping things together and making them work.  My family seriously needs to keep moving and stay out of my way, for fear of being painted or embellished!  Part of this kick is wanting to be out with the old, in with the new....creating new energy...shifting things around.  Know what I mean?  Just thought I'd give you a little peek at what I've been getting done in the studio these days......
 
Here are some Halloweeny items in progress....candlesticks and funky witch hats will make fab dinner party decorations! 
 
 
This is an old window shutter that I turned into wall art with some paint, collage papers and doodling with various pens/charcoal pencils......

 
 
Some itty bitty gift boxes, perfect for a little dab of candy...yes?

 
And a super fun "pouting" chair......

 
And these are a couple of canvases that I had started months ago....but became bored with them, and stashed them away.  I revisited them last week.  Some drips and scribbles, and inspiring words made me feel a little better about everything. 

 
What are you redoing, and giving a new lease on life?
 

1 comment:

sara said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! :)