September 06, 2013

Painted Paper Love

 
I have been falling in love with art journaling again....and digging through my supply stash, I came across some of my painted papers.  I use these in some of my collage work...especially the faces.
 
 
They simply make me smile.  And stare.  Above page was just watercolors being dripped randomly onto the paper, then a wash of yellow to brighten it up.

 
This one was stamping, repeatedly with various foam stamps...store bought and handmade.
Then painted around the shapes with acrylics.

 
This is random brush strokes, then a pattern painted over the top with white gesso.  I love how the gesso absorbed some of the colors underneath it.
 

 
This one is my fave!  All acrylic paints....random brush strokes, then "obliterated" with a pop of fresh pink mixed with white gesso.  I almost love this one too much to cut it up.

 
I know, I know....I should use it.  Someday! 
But for now I will hoard it.
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Nancy B said...

What fun and you have a beautiful stash just waiting to become whatever you'd like!

Nancy B said...

What fun and you have a beautiful stash ready for whenever you'd like to use it!