February 02, 2012

Happy February!

January and February are the months that we slow down, clean up, organize, think about future events, and I've been enjoying finishing up some lingering projects, such as this one....an old coffee table.  I started it months ago, and it didn't go the way I wanted to at first, so I set it aside and revisited it in January.


It started out with lots of colorful circles....and that's where it stopped.  But eventually, when I got back to it, I saw flowers....so I drew them over the top, exposing some of the circle patterns, and masking out the rest of the pattern.  As you can see in the bottom photo, I allowed some of the pattern to peek through the green, which gives me all kinds of fun shades, even better in person!


On Saturdays, we have been nice and busy back in the art studio too.  It's such a great way to keep the kids occupied on these dreary winter days.  This is a new project available in the studio....OWLS!  I don't know what took me so long to get these in our inventory...owls have been hot for some time now.  So thrilled to have them!  Two sizes are available....the large one is about 12 inches tall, and perfect for hanging on the wall...and the "baby" owls on stands are approx 7 inches tall, and would be sweet lined up on a shelf.  Don't you agree?

Have a fab Thursday, everyone! 

No comments: