April 23, 2012

Another Home Project Started

Howdy!  Did you have a great weekend?  I hope so!  Ours was nice and busy.  Lovin' Man and I attended a fun neighborhood fiesta on Saturday night.   Ummmm.....maybe we went just a little overboard....well, HE went overboard.  He always does.  But it makes me laugh.   


In addition to the party, we had a romp with the dogs at the dog park yesterday, and took our first trip of the season to the farmer's market in Hiawatha.  Our Sunday dinner consisted mostly of items we purchased at the farmer's market....and boy, was it tasty.  So much more flavor than store bought veggies, I think. 

A few weeks ago, we tore up the carpet on our staircase, and I've been intending to paint them.  It took me a while to make up my mind what to do, and I finally did!  So I got started on them today! 
Here are the before pictures.....


As you can see, there was a pretty nasty paint job hidden under that carpet.  I was really hoping for nice wooden steps, and then I would only have to paint the risers...but no such luck. 


In the top pic, you see that bottom step has already been started.  The steps themselves are going to be chocolate brown, which will coordinate with a few other accents in our house.  Not too exciting right now, but stick with me.....it's gonna get funky up in here!  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jennifer Jangles said...

Hi Dori!

Can't wait to see what you do, we have brown wooden stairs that need color as well. I just haven't been able to come up with a plan.

Have a great day,
Jennifer