July 15, 2013

Color Run 2013! Oh yes we did!


 Hi again!  Wow, what an amazing, busy weekend!  Lovin' Man and I completed our very first 5k EVER.  And of course, being the color fanatic that I am, it had to be the COLOR RUN!  If you had told me a year ago that I would be RUNNING, let alone a 5k, I would've said you were crazy.  I thought runners were crazy, honestly.  And some are....but it's kind of a cool sort of crazy. It's pushing your body beyond boundaries....almost more mental than physical....although, the physical is definitely a requirement to keep going.  There's this cool rhythm that sets in when you run....where your body is cooperating, and doing what you want it to do....it's awesome! Does this make any sense?

 Here we are, sporting our lovely headbands prior to the race.

 
At the Color Run, you start out nice and clean, and wearing white.  We met up with some good friends in Des Moines....it's WAY more fun with friends!  Especially unicorn friends!
 
 
And then we ran......and ran.....we got splashed....and we ran........
 
 
We laughed......got splattered with color.....and ran.....and ran.....young Becca kept me on my toes......we didn't stop once......we ran......
 
 
And at the end, we smiled, and rested, and giggled, and made plans to do it again.......
 
 
It really is the happiest 5k on the planet.  If you get a chance to do it, DO IT. 
Thanks for letting me share this little bit of joy with y'all.
 
 
“I love running. I’m not into marathons, but I am into avoiding problems at an accelerated rate.
”  
- Jarod Kintz

1 comment:

Debi K said...

Glad to see you are back! I've missed your blog posts! We had a Color Run in Portland (Oregon) last year. I didn't go, but I won't miss it next time. Lots of my art friends participated . . . we all love, love, love color! Take care, and keep arting! Debi K