July 08, 2013

Twas a fun holiday week!

Howdy friends!  I have had a wonderful past few days!  Have you? Most of last week was spent with family visiting from out of town.  We always LOVE to soak up as much time with them as we can! 

These particular family members are just so wonderful.  So good for the soul to be with them.  We laugh a lot together, we drink wine, Lovin' Man always makes a few batches of his homemade ice cream....and we indulge in it every night they are with us.

 And they are SO good for my kids.  They adore my kids, love on them, shower them with attention and praise....it's good stuff, man.

My brain has been swirling with lots of creative ideas and projects.  Things I want to try, especially in my journal.  But I've been a very good girl, and finishing up some larger items for some customers who have been waiting for their pieces. 

This is a pair of deck chairs that a customer needed to have repaired and repainted.  She is definitely a Caribbean soul....so the palm trees and sunshine are perfect for her, complete with a Jimmy Buffett quote, one of my faves......

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane."  -Jimmy Buffett
 
And this piece was done for Cindy, whose home is just so rockin'!  Her colors are hot pink, lime, aqua, yellows, blues, and little touches of black and white.  ADORE!!!  This piece really stumped me at first.  So it sat, ignored in the corner of the studio for some time, before I figured it out. 
 
 
 It's a weird piece, that seems to be a cross between a school desk and a cuckoo clock!  We believe it's an old phone stand of some sort.  That circular piece at the top stumped me for a while, but then I remembered the fabulous trick of making zinnia flowers out of sunflower seeds and peppercorns, and Viola!  Instant pizzazz! It feels so good to mark things off the list.  In addition, we are going to keep our sweet Lily (our recent graduate) in the house for a while, so we are sprucing her room up. Got it repainted yesterday....a snazzy dark raspberry color, which I believe we are going to accent with a fun chevron print.  We shall see. 

Feeling blessed indeed.  Hope you are too!


 

No comments: